Digital Marketing and Communications Manager
Hillside Outside Ltd, producers of award-winning events including TweedLove Bike Festival, Tunnel Trail Run and Tour O The Borders, are hiring.
We’re looking for someone with experience and proven success in marketing and communications. This person will be someone full of ideas and energy, who is motivated and has experience of running creative, high profile campaigns.
You’ll be responsible for strategy and content creation for a variety of events and projects throughout the year. An interest in mountain biking, road cycling, running, snowsport and the outdoors in general will be a big advantage.
This is a role within a small team producing top quality outdoor/sports events, and is primarily office-based in Peebles, though some remote work is possible. Applicant must be practical and hardworking, prepared to work both in an office environment and get involved in the event delivery if required.
Salary, dependent on experience, up to max £30,000. This is a full-time position but we will consider freelance or part-time operators in certain circumstances with pro-rata salary.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and target marketing strategies and campaigns to maximise customer engagement and sales revenue
- Create and distribute high quality, dynamic written, graphic and video content in the form of social media messages, e-newsletters, web pages, print material and blog content
- Analyse and monitor sales with the aim to ensure sales targets are reached or exceeded.
- Manage, grow and expand the company’s presence on social media channels
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to improve results
- Keep up to date with developments and new opportunities around the ever-changing platforms of digital marketing
- Manage and ensure contract compliance with external brand sponsorship contracts
- Ensure brand consistency in marketing materials including both print and social media messages
- Research and monitor activity of sector competitors
- Contribute information, ideas, and research to develop business/ event marketing strategies
- Propose new ideas and concepts for marketing content
- Manage and develop good working relationships with media/industry contacts
- Produce well-written media releases and reports
- Contribute information, ideas, and research towards the success of the business
- Contribute to the smooth running of team by assisting in other areas of the business as required.
- Attend trade shows and travel to meet clients as needed
- Organise distribution/transportation of marketing material
To be considered for this opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
- At least one year’s experience in suitable roles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with major social media platforms
- Understanding and experience of social media advertising
- Proven track record of content creation
- Team-oriented, goal-oriented, strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, social media Content Management Systems
- Confident, energetic, motivated, self-starting and self-managing
- Impeccable organisational planning and administrative abilities
- Excellent people skills
- Clean driving license
Ideally you will also have:
- Event/outdoor/bike/relevant marketing experience
- Knowledge of outdoors industry and market
- Experience of both digital/online and traditional/print marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook ads
- Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of and ability to use WordPress
- Understanding of email marketing software, Mailerlite, Mailchimp, Survey Monkey
- Experience of creating static and animated/video content
- Experience of events and festival marketing
- Examples of relevant previous campaigns you have created/produced
- Full time contract (possible part time min 25 hrs per week)
There is much scope for developing an interesting and rewarding professional career in a creative, fun and friendly environment. While this is a position in the bike/outdoor events sector – perhaps not known for the biggest salaries – salary is negotiable for the right person.
Starting date autumn/late 2021.
If you’re interested, send your CV and a covering letter briefly outlining why you’d be great at this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date 7 November 2021.
No recruitment agencies thanks.